Cumulus Clouds over Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona. Taken on August 18, 1977.
©1977, Ronald L. Holle
Other Web Sites with Photos from Holle Photography
Home Page for National Severe Storms Laboratory
University of Illinois Cloud Catalog
University of Michigan
Holle Meteorology & Photography has photographs of virtually every type of cloud and weather ranging from fair weather and blue sky to strong thunderstorms.
Over four thousand 35-mm original color transparencies are available
from a wide variety of places and seasons in the United Sates and
elsewhere. All photos were taken with Nikon cameras and lenses, and
nearly all photos were taken with Kodachrome 64 film. Holle Meteorology &
Photography also offers expertise in writing and editing captions for
collections of photographs, as well as the balanced selection of cloud
types, weather situations, and growth stages for books, texts, and
other written, video, and web products.
Ronald L. Holle's Full Vitae
• Complete lifetime list of publications, interviews, and other appearances
Prior Photo Publications
• Time-Life Books.
• USA Today Weather Book.
• Cambridge and Oxford University Presses.
• Audubon Society Field Guide and Pocket Guide.
• Weather Channel CD-ROM on weather.
• University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Corporate and Annual Reports.
• National Science Foundation Mosaic magazine.
• United Nations-World Meteorological Organization
and World Health Organization.
• Weatherwise magazine.
• Weather exhibit at Moraine Park Visitor Center in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado.
• Kids Discover Weather magazine.
• Weather magazine and calendars (United Kingdom).
• Weather display at Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
• Meteorology and geography textbooks-introductory
and advanced, in the US, Canada, UK, and Malaysia.
• Consultant, The Audubon Society Field Guide to
North American Weather (1991) by David M. Ludlam.
Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., New York, 656 pp.
• National Audubon Society Pocket Guide to Clouds
and Storms (1995) by David M. Ludlam, Ronald L.
Holle, and Richard A. Keen. Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.,
New York, 192 pp.